Well, my friend Mandye tagged me on quirks so here I go...wait, before I start...quirks? Who is the one that started this tagging business? I love the ones that have you look back over the last 5 or 10 years. Now that is fun and not too embarrassing. However, quirks....now that can get embarrassing. I'll try not to embarrass Troy too much since he is married to this quirky girl, but here I go...
1. I love Coca-Cola--Regular. I won't TOUCH Pepsi, much less drink it. The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and get a coke. It is just what I have done for years and it is my coffee but not...just coke. We always have it in the house and if we don't we head to the store to get more. It drives Troy crazy with the amount of coke I drink and I know (without doubt) that I could drop an easy 15lbs if I would lay off the coke, but i love it and it's just one of those 'quirks'.
2. I have to have bananas hanging on the banana hanger at all times. You cannot come to our house and not see bananas. I guess it makes me feel like I have something simple to offer the kids that is healthy if we have bananas at all times, but I have broken about 5 banana hangers over the last 3 years and I keep buying them. I think they are the greatest invention and I just really have to use one/have bananas on them. I think they serve a purpose and keep things off of the counter or out of a bowl---so if you don't have one, get one---you will be glad!
3. I love to vacation at Disney World. Now I know this isn't really a quirk to most people, but I would rather vacation at Disney World than anywhere else. We just love it. Not to say I wouldn't love to visit other places...I would love to...but we always seem to end up at Disney and it is always great! We are heading there in September and just can't wait to get there to show Caroline her vacation spot for the next...well, rest of her life! FYI, yes we have been to many places and I have traveled to many cities outside of Mississippi and around the world...so I am not blindly picking Disney World...I consider myself fairly well traveled and I still love Disney (I think I am defending since I know my sister will read this and she wants us to experience Wine Country in CA.).
4. This one is for Kelly...I am quirky about my kids and dressing them. I have no troubles dressing myself as I dress so plain Jane, but my kids I LOVE to clothe. Before I had Caroline her closet was stuffed full of clothes and nothing has changed. I always said that if I ever had a little girl, she would wear a smocked dress/outfit until she could date...nothing has changed! hahha. I also was told that shopping for a boy would be terrible and I couldn't find anything. Well, contrary to popular belief you can find boy stuff...if you will dress him in big collars and smocked clothing---WHICH I LOVE!!! So I love shopping for Hayes & Caroline and I am really 'Quirky' on having them match. If they can match or coordinate on any given day, it's done...I will spend time ironing clothes for them and getting them dressed....just to hang out at home---I love it! ( i know, I have a problem!)
I am sure I am really quirky about far more than I have listed, but I am going to stop before I totally let the cat out of the bag that I am nuts :)
For the sake of passing on the 'Quirkyness..." I am going to tag Brett, Kelly, Laura (get to blogging girl), and Mrs. Robin!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Quirks...Me???
Posted by odomfamilyfun at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am the exact same way with Diet Coke!!!!! It is a MUST!!!!
I hereby formally lodge my complaint concerning the use of the vintage photograph in the upper right hand corner of this blog that references diligent use of time and house cleanliness.
Post a Comment