Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mother's Day











Mother's Day was WONDERFUL for me! Troy & I made it to early church (late as usual) after he let me sleep in! We then headed to Penn's with Troy's grandparents, mom, my mom & his Aunt Lynn & Uncle Ralph. We love eating at Penn's and the kids were perfectly behaved---what a Mother's Day gift! We came home, took short naps and started to cook out. Both of our mom's came over and we enjoyed my favorite---CRAWFISH! Troy cooked other food on the grill, but I love crawfish...and so do my kids, apparently. I couldn't resist posting pics of what great crawfish/corn eaters they are...it was a hoot! The crawfish was really spicy but they both inhaled it and ate almost more than we all did. Caroline would sit and wait for Nana & Gamma to peel more for her (where did she learn this?) while Hayes walked around with a piece of corn. He probably ate 3 pieces of corn and we had to stop him for fear of him getting sick!
Troy & the kids gave me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure and I was so excited---I love getting my toes done more than any other 'self' treat!


I am so thankful for my family, and for our mothers and grandmothers. I am also so blessed to be a mother to my little ones who are so sweet and I could not love them more (okay, well maybe I say that every day and somehow I love them more every day!).

0 comments: