Troy & I were able to escape last weekend for a much needed get away. We could not find a place that we were dying to visit on such short notice (that was affordable) and then it hit me---we could hit the Shack Up Inn in Clarksdale, MS. Yes, it was as shady {only in apperance} as it sounds but it was GREAT! We loved every minute of this fun escape. There were no Shacks open for two nights & I didn't want to move my stuff after only one night so we opted to stay in the old Cotton Gin. It was clean & quiet...that is all we were looking for. We enjoyed visiting Clarksdale & Troy even let us hit Peter's Pottery in Mound Bayou....LOVED IT!
We were able to read, sleep in and totally relax. Troy took his kayak and hit the Sunflower River while I hung out in the room and monogrammed...yes, I took the 'baby' with me. It was totally relaxing and fun.

We were able to read, sleep in and totally relax. Troy took his kayak and hit the Sunflower River while I hung out in the room and monogrammed...yes, I took the 'baby' with me. It was totally relaxing and fun.We came home early on Sunday morning so we could spend the day with the kids and boy it was great to see them. I love getting to go on short escapes with Troy and am always refreshed and ready for another week with the kiddos. Visit the Shack Up Inn if you get a chance...you won't be disappointed (if you are really high maintenance
you will need to ask lots of questions before you go!) as it was safe, clean and a definite cultural experience.

you will need to ask lots of questions before you go!) as it was safe, clean and a definite cultural experience.




1 comments:
We always forget about that place!!!! We might have to do that soon, maybe even before the baby. And Peter's. . . one of the best places on earth!!!!! I am very jealous of your wonderful weekend, ha
Post a Comment