Monday, October 01, 2007

Old Friends

Life changes so quickly, but there are some things that stay the same. If you are lucky, and I have been very lucky, you will have friends that will stay the same. You may not talk to them often, but there are some friends that you have had forever. Seriously, as long as you have a memory, you can remember that friend. Leigh McArthur, Lauren Sims, & Allyson Lawler (Those are all maiden names that I have listed) are all friends that are included in my earliest memories. I can remember playing with those girls all the time either at each others houses or at all of our grandmother's houses. You know they are your long time friends when you played at a grandmother's house! I got to see one of those long time friends this past weekend and it was great.


Lauren Sims Hauge came in town for a wedding and we got to spend time together on Friday. Lauren moved away when she was in elementary school, but we have casually kept in touch. Blogging has 'reunited' us and it is so neat to have such a long time friend come back into my life.

This weekend, she brought her son, Brooks, and her daughter, Mary Fuller, stayed in Daphne, Al, with her dad. Hayes & Caroline thought Brooks was just fabulous and wanted to hang all over him. We had a great visit and I am so thankful for the time we spent together.

I have posted before that new friends are just as great as old ones....and yes, I stand by that. However, it is so neat to see some friends that have known you all your life and still want to come around. So, thank your old friends for sticking around.....they know you good & bad and still seem to want to be around you! So, a huge thank you goes out to my really old friends---and you know who you are---for sticking by me so long! How great you are :)



2 comments:

Robin said...

I am loving hearing about you and your family. I am so proud of you and Lauren..Ya'll are just being such good moms. I am also excited that you and Lauren and me can keep in touch. These blogs are so great. I love you...Mrs. Robin P.S. I remeber you playing at my moms..We all used to have such good times. I don't know if me, Connie, and Shannon were quiet as nice as you, Lauren, and Leigh.

Leigh C. said...

I love it!
Love ya!
Leigh C.