Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A 15K for a Shirt


Yes I did....I wanted a shirt with Caroline's name on it really badly so I decided around mid-night Wednesday night that the Lake Caroline 15K would be a great idea. I quickly sent my friend Anna an email asking her what she thought & by 6:15 in the morning I had a 'Let's do it' text in reply! Oh my...what had I done? I haven't put on running/walking shoes since I started teaching preschool (honestly I am too tired~love preschool...love naps, too!). BUT, I really wanted to get out and do something but I am not sure I realized how far 9 miles actually was. I was quickly reminded on Saturday. It. is. far. BUT, we did great! Anna strolled Sam (3 months old) and we kept a great pace (Anna is in training for a half-marathon so I had to keep up with her~girl can walk! I may be a foot taller with really long legs but she is FAST!!!). I fear I talked Anna's head off but it was fun to be able to visit while you are walking with a friend. Can't wait for our next one, Anna!
All said, Caroline was so thrilled about the new shirt from the race. It's bright yellow and it says Lake Caroline. She thinks it is a shirt all about her! I totally tell her it is :) She loves it and wants me to wear it constantly...sweet girl!

0 comments: