Monday, August 20, 2007

Hayes is Walking!






Well---sort of :) We were at church last night & he took about 3 steps to our friend Melanie Dew. We thought he was going to stand, squat, and crawl, but he didn't. He stood, and took steps towards her! We all started cheering and I think we startled him, but he recovered from the scare! It was great.

While we were cheering Hayes on, Caroline and Aubrey Kate (Melanie's little girl) used the chance to escape from the nursery. Caroline opened the nursery door and they bolted out. It was a hoot!

When we came home, I tried to get him to walk again, but to no avail. Caroline did throw a fit, and I captured the beginning with a picture---enjoy! hahahha. I also took a picture of Hayes in his shoes and little outfit from his big day. He is actually dressed like a big boy (which is a rare occurrence; for those of you that know me, you know he is usually in a jon jon or dressed like a girl---so Troy says).

Anyway, we had a big day yesterday and hopefully he will get better at his walking!

2 comments:

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Hey Brittany - I saw Catherine Cross at our women's Bible study this morning and she told me that ya'll were neighbors. I linked your blog from hers...Small World!
I am so glad that you have joined the "Blogging World".
Lisa Rhodes

BJ said...

I love viewing your blog and keeping up with my "greats".
You'll have to teach me how to join a blog.

BJ