








As we rounded out the summer we thought we'd hit the Jackson Zoo one last time. For this visit, Caroline decided she needed to let her favorite doll tag along. Poor Sally. She was stuffed down in the bag for most of the trip. We were steaming hot as it was no cooler than 105 outside. I don't mind the heat and I'm glad my kids are troopers too. We have been hanging out at the zoo together since they were infants. Our Zoo needs a good bit of work but it's never busy and they usually get a pretty good view of the animals. It really is one of our special little family places. I have a vivid memory of this being one of our first big outings as just the three of us right after Hayes was born. I think Hayes was about 4 weeks old and Caroline was 15 months when I ventured here for the first time with both kids alone. Whew~times have changed! I was in such a fog at that point I am surprised I even remember going anywhere. But I do and I am thankful for our sweet little outings and times together. School comes, days pass and years FLY by. So for now I am thankful for my little girl that loves to play with her baby dolls and my little boy that keeps me running and answering every question under the sun.


0 comments:
Post a Comment