Monday, February 15, 2010

My February Fish

The kids took two weeks of swim lessons at the Flowood YMCA just so we could get a jump-start on swimming. We are heading to the beach in May and we really wanted them to remember how to swim, not just how to play in the water.
Caroline did great and was fully swimming by the end of these two weeks. Hayes is going a great job too, but he does love to play. He is an excellent diver. You can drop just about anything to the bottom of the pool and send Hayes to get it and it's yours! I was most impressed with this accomplishment. They both took lessons with a lady at her home and I do prefer those lessons as I do believe they learn more and come out very confident, but for the price and the indoor pool, you can't beat this for an introduction.
And well, the kids LOVED being able to swim on FREEZING COLD DAYS!!!
These aren't the best pictures of the kids swimming, but you get the idea. I may be able to pull better ones up from my phone later.










0 comments: