I have been in a cooking club for a little over a year now and it is quite possibly one of my favorite nights of each month. We are a group of 8 women that love to cook. I didn't say we were all excellent, experienced, chefs, but we do all love to try new things (or are at least willing to try new things). We are in our second cookbook now, Food For Thought, and it is amazing. The dishes are a bit more involved than our last cookbook and definitely more expensive, but everything we have cooked out of there has been outstanding! It's a great cookbook to pull a main dish or a larger side out of....amazing! The other cookbook we went through was At the Table by Patty Roper. It was a perfect book to start our cooking club with. It was divided up into 8 sections and the recipes were very 'user' friendly. I love that I have a cookbook (now working on my 2nd) that has lots of notes on what worked/didn't, cost, where to find ingredients in the store, what substitutions had to be made, how long it really took, etc...
**And while what's on the plate may not look very tasty on the picture, do not be fooled. It was very good. We had Texas Style Flank Steak, West Indies Salad, French Puffs, Garlic Stuffed Potato, Zucchini Boats, Ham & Swiss Tart and French Silk Pie. Only thing missing was Grilled Quesadillas bc weather was bad. We'll update on how those tasted. We don't go for presentation here---we go for taste!!!I would/could write more, but my blog is typically about my kids so I won't bore those of you that are here to see those sweet babies. If you are interested in starting your own cooking club, let me know & we can get you started. Really, you don't have to be a great cook--you just have to be able to read--really!!! Here are a few pics from this past dinner & I'll continue to add pics as I find them!



1 comments:
miss you all! making the tx style flank steak this week!
starting a cooking club next month...can't wait
-jen
Post a Comment