Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tree Hunting

I have always had a real tree in my house at Christmas. I honestly didn't know that 'fake' trees existed until about the 9th grade and I was shocked (now you are shocked, or laughing. I know, it's okay). Troy isn't one to get all excited about getting a Christmas tree early, like by early I mean he would be fine getting one on December 23. and we did one year and it was the Charlie Brown tree. I.am.not.lying. {and let's just say I was heartbroken}. So, since that year he has been SUPER about letting us get our tree early in December. This year I knew we were going to be gone for an entire week out of the Christmas season and the thought of missing out on enjoying our tree for a week just made me sad. So, I asked Troy if we could go Thanksgiving weekend and he agreed. I feel sure it was to keep me from begging/annoying but we went, got a tree and had a great time in the process. Here are a few pictures I took from the day. In efforts to 'keep it real' I thought I would include a picture of the kids in full sibling mode. Can you pick out the picture? I was snapping but Troy was the referee. I feel sure this spat was quickly resolved....we didn't end up in a hospital so we're good :)
They fight a lot but have really gotten so much better about playing together for longer periods of time without fighting & that makes days like this much more enjoyable. These kiddos are so entertaining---see for yourself.























0 comments: