Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa from Around the Globe

When we were in EPCOT we were able to visit with Santa from around the globe. Several of the countries had their cultural Santa and he was dressed as their native children know and love him. This confused Caroline and I gave her the explanation that his clothes got dirty & he often had to change since so many kids were sitting on his lap. Troy said I missed out on a tremendous teachable moment---he was right, but it totally caught me off guard & she knew all about changing clothes so I went with it. When she sees the pics and notices that they don't all look exactly the same, we'll go from there. But for now, we are going with dirty clothes from messy kids!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Hey! Let me just say - what AWESOME Santa photos and Disney!!! I'm just a wee bit jealous!!!! As for the ribbons - I get ALOT of compliments on them, we have them in just about every color, but so do most of the little girls around here - a little boutique carries them and they just cut whatever length you want!!!! The store is a clothing store, so I'm sure she just buys it at market - you should take a picture of it to someone who owns a children's shop and see if they can find it at market. If you'd like, I could get you some and mail it to you - I think it's about $3 a yard, but I could be a little off - it's been awhile since I've bought it!

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

I'm guessing the green plaid lumberjack Santa is Canadian.

Troy Odom said...

For the record, let me say that I prefer the Home Alone approach, i.e., there is one Santa Clause who lives at the North Pole and who never leaves until Christmas, but he sends all his Santa helpers to the malls and Epcots of the world to receive gift requests from children. These santa helpers then report back to the one and only.

Jen said...

definitely some better looking santas than others...oh well, like you said...a day will come when there will not need to be any explanation...ok, now i'm getting a little sad. they grow up too fast! talk to you soon.