Tuesday, June 23, 2009

St. Louis in June


The kids and I loaded up, again, and hit the road headed for St. Louis. If you are thinking we go there more than a normal family you are correct. My sister lives there, we are super close (like talk on the phone multiple times a day close) and our kids love to play, so we go visit as often as we can. We have had this trip planned for months as we bought tickets for Dora Live. Oh yes friends, Dora Live was in St. Louis and it was great. The kids had a ball & loved every minute of it (minus the split second that Caroline didn't want her picture taken & I really wasn't supposed to have my camera in the theatre). It was a hoot when Swiper would come out & Diego even made a cameo appearance. I was actually really surprised Hayes made it through the entire show without trying to run around and get out of his seat but he was perfectly well behaved. Very fun show!


While in St. Louis, we decided to be ultimate tourists. Typically laying low, we decided to hit Six Flags, three times. Yes, three times. Twice with Tricia & Grace and once by myself with my two kids. Tricia lives about a mile & a half so it is super convienent, we have a season pass, free parking & there are NO LINES...it was a win-win for getting small children tired for bed time :)
We had a blast all three times. Multiple meltdowns, lots of laughs, smiles, snacks= good times. I was a bit nervous taking them without Tricia since I do not know my way around Six Flags (unlike any park in Disney World---I can do those parks blindfolded) but the kids and I did fine and really had a blast together. We missed Troy though.




More St. Louis pics to come---we went to the Butterfly House & The City Museum.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Such fun! May sound funny but the pics from six flags remind me of childhood. So carefree!