
Tonight I went on an art adventure with my friend Natalie & we hit a place in Ridgeland called Easely Amused. It was such fun! We started with a blank canvas & ended up with a work of art called, 'Our House'. I need to tell you that I don't have an art bone in my body, so this was HUGE for me. The teacher goes step by step and made it so easy. You get to pick your colors & if I were to do this particular painting over again I would not do my house yellow again, even though our house is yellow---it just looks like a bumble bee...or too much like a Southern Miss house (even though we love our Eagles, it just isn't exactly the calming feeling I was going for). If you aren't an art person, like me, this would be a great place for you. If you are an art person though, she gives you freedom to do things how you want to. Everyone did the same painting but everyones looked totally different. It was so neat. At the end she encouraged us to put little brush strokes all over our painting to make it look more whimsey. I didn't do well with the black paint brush...things started to go South when I started working with the black paint....so the less black paint I used, the better! BUT, I had a great time & will be going back. It was a blast!





I think Natalie and I will be doing a Christmas painting next---be on the look out!



4 comments:
Yeah! Such fun!!! Can't wait to see more...
so funny because i LOVED your yellow house and would change my red house to a yellow house! yours was one of my favs! pretty addicted now to Easily Amused!! it was so much fun! Great seeing you there!!!
I'm glad you went - we have an appointment to go there at the end of July, so I'm glad to see what I'm getting myself into! I saw your hubby in Mississippi Magazine! go Troy!
Hey! Just wondering if you were going to have another Chez Ami party? I'm trying to get the parties lined up (Carly-Kelly's Kids; Jennifer T.-Castles and Crowns this weekend). Know of any others?
Post a Comment