Tuesday, November 27, 2007

House of Sick Kids

Well, we have avoided the stomach virus for the last 2 & a half years, but it has finally come our way. Caroline was sick once as a baby, but it wasn't a real stomach virus compared to this. We have been truly blessed to have such healthy kids, however, these days have been pretty rough.
Hayes started it all and we thought it was bad milk and it may very well have been bad milk, but then Caroline started coughing until she would make herself sick, but I thought she was just coughing too hard. It was confirmed that our house did have a bug when Troy got sick last night. It was awful. He is NEVER sick and NEVER takes off work, but last night was the sickest I have ever seen him. It was so sad to see him so sick. He was up all night, Hayes was up all night, and when they both went back to sleep, Caroline woke up. So, I am praying I don't get sick and for some sleep....I am exhausted. I have been letting Caroline watch TV today and she doesn't get to do that often, so she LOVES being sick. It is a hoot.

Here is a picture from yesterday of Hayes with my mom, Nana, and he was so pitiful. He is very cuddly when sick and on the move when well. You can tell he doesn't feel well here.
Oh, for all those questions about where Hayes gets his hair color from, now you see it. He and Nana have red hair, but Hayes has a much 'red-er' color. I love my little red head ;)






Caroline is playing with wipes here and finally standing up after lying down all morning and all yesterday.
Notice the basket of laundry behind her; I have about 6 others that are full and so I am going to try to get that done today in anticipation of me catching this thing. If this laundry doesn't get done, I'll have a pile that will never get folded....until then.....Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is no fun. We had it a couple of weeks ago. Feel better, Odoms!

Sara said...

That surely doesn't sound like 'Odom Family Fun' to me. Hope your family feels better (and that you don't get it!)