Wednesday, September 08, 2010

It's a Date...

Play-Date that is. I thought I'd better clarify or I would have one father knocking on our door & having a few words with us at oh, every function from here on out (we do a lot with this sweet family!). Hayes has been wanting Sara Beth to come over to our house to play for a couple of months and it finally worked out. They had the best time and really entertained themselves the entire time. They played in the tee pee for most of the time (don't worry Henson's, they were chaperoned!) and then moved on to dress up time. Sara Beth fit perfectly in an Alice costume and doesn't she look darling!



It makes my heart so happy to see Hayes playing so well with a friend. In the picture above he has been asked to switch the clothes on a mermaid Barbie. This is typically done by his sister & he doesn't want anything to do with this job, but for SB, he gladly does it! It so sweet!
He has always taken to her and seems to be protective of Sara Beth. He always wants to know what she is doing, where her school is and if she is going to be at Sunday School. Speaking of Sunday School, SB's parents have been Hayes' teachers this year & have been wonderful....but, as soon as we can get him settled and then back out, we ask him what his favorite part of Sunday School was, other than the lesson, it's Sara Beth. She really has a way with him! She is patient, kind and they laugh until their sides hurt!
I love these two children and pray they stay friends for a very long time. What a gift to be able to pray for your children's friends. I am also so thankful we know her parents. What a blessing they are to us! Can't wait for the next date....I mean play-date! Hayes can't either. He asked for her to come over after he saw her at church tonight! I said HE would have to ask her daddy & mommy this time :)

1 comments:

Anna H said...

Sara Beth had a blast! We will have y'all over very soon to play! She loved the camping--for some reason she has been stuck on camping for about 3 months--I think it was on one of the too many shows she watched while I was on bedrest!