Thursday, May 06, 2010

Play Ball









Hayes had his first Tee-Ball practice last week and he loved it! It was far more successful than soccer and he is so excited about actually playing. He has his first game this Saturday so I'll be sure to post pictures from that. It should be pretty fun as all of the kids are ages 3-4. I love watching Troy & Hayes during practice. Hayes was a pretty good listener and Troy was super patient with him. He really is an amazing daddy.
We have a fun team & lots of sisters so the bleachers should be fun, too. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of Caroline's ball-field days. Not because I think he is going to be a super-star (though we think he is great!), but because he has been lugged to every dance & gymnastics lesson for the first three years of his life, it's finally his turn to play something :)
Oh, and please tell me that this boy mom business gets easier??? The day of his practice, Troy was home for lunch and we were going over the weekly schedule & what all needed to be ready for that first practice. He asked where the glove was for Hayes. GLOVE? WHAT GLOVE? oh boy...then the BAT....WHAT, BAT? Not so sure what I was thinking, but I had to load the kids up and hit Academy sports for all of his tee-ball gear. Upon arrival, I stood in the boy baseball section looking like a fish out of water. A sweet mom of 4 boys could obviously tell I was starting to stress out and she offered her help. Her husband then walked up and told me to buy the cheapest bad. He said to wait until he was going for that college scholarship to fork out the cash for a good bat. So the $16 bat jumped in our cart and it works just fine. Then there was the glove issue. Hayes is left-handed. I had no clue that made a difference in what kind of glove I was to buy. Yep, it does. He is all geared up now and ready for his game...am I ready? We'll see. I can do most things girly, but this boy stuff will throw me for a loop. It's fun though and as long as he is having fun, I'm happy to learn it!










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're taking notes on all the boy mom tips cause I'll be hitting you up for those ;-) Cute pictures!