Monday, March 08, 2010

Not Just ANY Crown...
















Caroline and Hayes have both been working very hard to learn their catechism questions this year. Hayes was required to say questions 1-14 and Caroline was required to complete 1-25 plus John 3:16. Once they complete these tasks, they are rewarded with a crown. This is no simple crown. My kids LOVE these! They aren't the Burger King Crowns....no friends, these are the CATECHISM CROWNS and it's HUGE. They love it!
Hayes wanted to say his early in the year so we went ahead and let him say his to his teacher in November, even though he knew them in September--I just wanted to make sure he wasn't just 'repeating' but that he really 'knew' them. Yes, I know...we're still totally working on that one! Caroline has known hers for a while as well, but she is our shy child and she would never speak up to say she knew hers! After pep talk 200 prior to 8 a.m. she finally did it. I walked her to her classroom, she sat right down, did it and did great! She never looked back.
She did that about three weeks ago, but she had one memory verse to say (John 3:16) and getting her to repeat that to a teacher well, that's another ballgame....BUT SHE DID IT!!! And without me even prompting. Go Caroline :) So proud of these sweet children. I pray these foundations will be planted in your hearts now and will continue to grow as you grow. Stay sensitive to the word and to the Lord--He is AMAZING!
I added lots of pictures since all of our photo-shoots are pretty much hilarious at this point :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I know you all are proud-what a wonderful foundation. Miss you! Thanks for the update.
-Jen Davenport