
You see, Caroline lost her first big front tooth on August 26, and she was so excited. A part of me was sad because she just looked so different and not so 'little' any more. Well, as she was playing soccer on September 21, she had a few moments on the sidelines and decided it was loose enough and this girl pulled the second front tooth on her own! That makes 3 teeth she has pulled all by herself. Dentist on our hands? Whew, she is amazing! She came running up to me, blood was everywhere, she was totally calm but beaming with pride, yet very concerned that the tooth not get lost {gotta receive a prize from the TF, you know!}. As I stood there talking to her telling her how very proud I was that she stayed calm and pulling it herself and for holding onto the tooth, she smiled and I started to cry. I didn't cry because I was mad that she was bleeding everywhere at soccer, or that she didn't wait until we got home, but sad because she now just 'looks' so grown up. She looks like a first grader. She looks older. She still is and will always be my little one, but to an outsider, she just looks older. She is taller than most all kids her age and I pray that doesn't 'age' her too quickly. I have been praying that for years. I want her to surround herself with friends that play with and do the same things she does and whose parents believe and discipline the same way we do. Thankfully we have been beyond blessed at this point. So as my heart hurts as she grows up....I know, it's just teeth....but they were her big teeth {and who knows what they will look like when they start to grow in??? they were such perfect baby teeth!} and now they are gone. I am just in love with this sweet little girl. As I tell both kids daily, "Of all the children in all the world, God picked you to be my little girl & boy and for me to be your mommy....isn't that amazing!" So teeth or no teeth, I'm glad she's mine and I'm overflowing with love for the little girl that's loving yogurt and ice cream right now!


0 comments:
Post a Comment