First graders took a week to learn about Johnny Appleseed and just about every other apple fact one could come up with. To conclude the week, they had an Apple Bobbing party. They had a great time and it was hilarious watching these toothless kiddos try to bob for apples. Something I didn't expect {though I'm not sure why} was for teeth to fall out during the bobbing! Oh my, did they start falling out! I think our friend Rachel's tooth may have been the first, and I know there were at least 4 after hers. Thankfully Caroline lost hers the very night before! She was a little sad because the bobbing was hard to do with no teeth in the front. She gave it her best shot and had a blast! Thanks to a wonderful crew of first grade teachers for making learning so hands on and fun!
Mrs. Nowell's Owls
Ella, Anna, Caroline {Best Friends}

Caroline & Mrs. Nowell

Sweet Anna
Tyler
Anna & Caroline
Rachel lost a tooth while bobbing for her apple. She was the first of many during this activity. I was thrilled Caroline had lost hers the NIGHT BEFORE! The teachers were wonderful and knew just what to do so the teeth didn't get lost and the kids didn't get upset. Sweet little ones are always taken care of at FPDS



0 comments:
Post a Comment