Saturday, June 09, 2012

Nana's Garden

My mom has been growing tomatoes this season and the kids couldn't wait to pick the first ones. After VBS this past week, we headed over and Hayes, Caroline & Katherine got to each pick a tomato.
Oh the excitement! Caroline will actually eat one. Hayes won't touch one with a fork even if bribed (he's very much my child!). They are both loving the process of growing plants-too bad I kill every single plant I own! No fun at our house. So Nana, thanks for letting us pick your tomatoes. They loved it.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Sara- Thank you so much for youe help with my dream vacation! We will go in October for our anniversary.

odomfamilyfun said...

Laurie,
I was trying to figure out who Sara was, then I looked on your blog & knew it instantly! I have no idea how you found my blog, but Sara was one of my sweetest students when I taught high school. She and I read many of the same blogs, so I looked at your last post and knew right away it was her! Such a small, fun world! Yes, taking a trip to Louisiana is so much fun and make sure you stop over in New Orleans! We go often and just adore the city! It is a GREAT girls trip, too! Have fun on your anniversary trip :)

Laurie said...

You are going to think I am crazy.......I was thinking I was leaving a comment on Sara Freiss blog. She had given me some info on LA trips. But....so nice to meet YOU via the blog. I just love Sara! It is a small world!!!!
Laurie

odomfamilyfun said...

You aren't crazy :) I figured that's what was going on. I am so glad to 'meet' you, too! I've been reading your blog for a while , but I'm not a big commenter, so this is cracking me up! So much of what y'all do in AK, is exactly what we do down here in MS~you & your friends seem like so much fun! Love that so much is Christ centered and so much happens at church in your town. It's the same way down here and I just love it!
I was being serious about the Tea Parties in New Orleans~you and a girlfriend (since I read, I'd assume you'd come with Kelly), need to bring your girls for a weekend at Christmas and do a Teddy Bear Tea Party-it's like nothing else! Girls would love it and you'd love it, too! Amazing! And there are tons of fun things for little ones to do in NOLA!
Fun that we have connected. Have a great week :)